In 1574 the City of London started regulating the Inn-yard activities which lead to the development of the covered Playhouses and the open Amphitheatres and the ultimate replacement of the Inn-yards for venues of Elizabethan plays and theatres.
Bull Inn - Interesting Facts and Information about Inn- Yard Elizabethan Theatres
Interesting Facts and information about the Bull Inn Elizabethan Theatre
- Name of this type of Elizabethan Theatre taken directly from the yard of an Inn
- Elizabethan plays were performed in the cobbled courtyard of the Bull Inn
- The Queen's Men theatrical troupe performed at the Black Bull Inn during the 16th century
- Audience capacity of an Elizabethan Inn-Yard - up to 500
- There was gambling and even bear baiting in some of the Inn-yards