Famous Elizabethan Politicians
The most famous Elizabethan Politicians were:
- William Cecil ( Queen Elizabeth's first Secretary of State ). William Cecil, (named Lord Burghley in 1571), served Queen Elizabeth as Secretary of State from 1558 to 1572, and as Lord Treasurer from 1572 until he died in 1598.
- Robert Cecil, the son of William Cecil, acted as a chief envoy
- Sir Francis Walsingham, Elizabeth's Spy master, was appointed Secretary of State in 1572 when William Cecil was given the role of Lord Treasurer
- Sir Nicholas Bacon became Keeper of the Privy Seal in 1558 and a member of the Privy Council
- Francis Bacon, Sir Nicholas Bacon's son, also became Lord Chancellor
- Sir Francis Knollys, a member of the Privy Council
- Sir Walter Mildmay, a member of the Privy Council and Chancellor of the Exchequer
Elizabethan Elizabethan Politicians
Some interesting facts and information about Elizabethan Times and Elizabethan Politicians. Details, facts and information about the Elizabethan Period can be accessed via the Elizabethan Era Sitemap.